Monday, April 1, 2019

Blog Post week 9 Twitter

         

       Twitter has never really been my thing, I don’t necessarily find it as useful than other social media sites in my opinion. To find my connections I used keywords such as brand names, events I know well, and the word “Marketing” so that I could get an idea of what I have been missing out not using Twitter for my social media profiles. I found it actually very easy and convenient that Twitter, like Instagram, has the verified marker by the user's name so you know that the account you are following is legit.

      I created two lists, the first list is called Brands. Brands are for the major companies that are killing the game in the event categories so that it is easier to keep track of what's going on, who is sponsoring, and key aspects of how to advertise an event the “right way”. The second group is called Marketing, I added people who specialize in marketing and even a twitter marketing page to help strategize the best times to post and who to contact. Creating a list shows you a timeline of tweets from only the accounts on the list which helps keep what you are useful to use and miscellaneous pages separate from each other. They are also easier to keep track of.


       I found that the best times to post on Twitter are Thursdays at noon and Friday 11:00am- noon. Also, 10:00am- 2:00pm Tuesday-Friday seems to also be great times for people on twitter. Of course, posting multiple times a day for a period will help build the number of people who will see your Tweet so Twitter seems to be one of those social media websites that encourages “the more the better” mentality.

No comments:

Post a Comment