Monday, April 22, 2019

Week 12 Part 2


      For my first option, I decided to do Meetup Groups. One I really liked was San Marcos wedding planning group (https://www.meetup.com/San-Marcos-Wedding-Planning-Meetup/)  because I haven’t worked in many events such as weddings so I found that it will help broaden my horizon when it came to planning events. I also really enjoyed the fact that they have a discussion board which helps people that have questions or just couldn’t go to the group meetings in San Marcos voice their opinions. It also showed the events they have helped plan and organize to help people understand exactly what they are getting into including photos and a members list. Their about section also helped a lot when I was choosing which group I enjoyed out of the many in California other than the fact it was the closest to me. “Wedding vendors, photographers, videographers, and models are welcome to join. This meetup has the purpose of building each other's businesses by supporting and sharing ideas for business development.” It emphasized that it was a group for all kinds of people to help get in touch with everything you need to plan a wedding such as photographers and vendors.



       For my second option, I decided to go with a different site that wasn’t listed, but for my business, it would be very helpful to network my Event planning business. I decided to use a website called Socialtables (https://www.socialtables.com/blog/event-planning/event-planning-conferences-2019/). On this website, you can find conferences and seminars that are related to your industry that can help teach you valuable lessons when starting up or refreshing a business. The specific one I found was “The Top 20+ Trade Shows and Event Planning Conferences 2019 Has to Offer” this article and website also has “the best” options and learning for “using social media promotion” which is exactly what we are looking for accordance to this class. They are categorized by location, date and what the event is about such as special events and academic event professionals. One that drew my eye is on In San Diego, CA that is focused on the special event industry. Their about sections says “At The Special Event (TSE), the industry’s largest trade show and conference for event professionals, you’ll connect with over 5,000 event colleagues, exhibitors, and mentors. During your time at TSE, you can select from over 100 education sessions, attend showcasing events, network with fellow event professionals, and explore through thousands of products on the exhibit hall floor.” I enjoyed that it emphasized the number of people and connections you can make just by going which include 100 education sections which real people who made a living off of event planning and how they did it/ advice. I think it could also help by meeting as many professionals as possible to help for future job opportunities and connections for uses on future events.

No comments:

Post a Comment