Saturday, May 25, 2019

Week 13 part 2

Facebook ads are all around surprising to me whenever I'm on Facebook the ads that pop up are always weirdly specific such as t-shirts that say "I'm a Gemini that rocks in the desert with my squad". So for this section, I was curious about how advertisers target those markets so I went through Facebook to find there how to section and ad targeting options. I specifically chose the small business section such as the ones we created for this class.

"There are a large number of targeting options with Facebook ads that help businesses get their ad in front of the right people so their ads can be the most effective. To make Facebook’s targeting options easier to understand, we’ve narrowed it down to the top seven categories—from the foundational options to the most sophisticated." says the small business ad section on facebook.

Facebook has six different options to choose when you are looking for Targeting options; demographics, interests, life events, lifestyle & financial, connections, behaviors, and Retargeting. There are a few main ones that would help for my event planning business specifically. The first is Life events,  which are ads that can be targeting on recent life events such as anniversaries, weddings, etc. Lifestyle & Finacial, which is an option that targets users living a certain lifestyle, including travel frequency and the more important part, event attendance. Last is important to previous customers, Retargeting, this targets users who have previously clicked on an ad or visited our website/ social media.

Now, with that understanding how would I put in place the principles of "Good Design", the main principles I would use would be Innovative, making my social media ads different than most peoples. Aesthetic, making my ads look pleasing and eye-catching to the average user. The most important to me at least, The principle of good design, Honest being straight forward and honest as possible to get the trust factor in our customers/ future customers.

For how often I can use these ads will change depending on the different targeting options, at least every option will be implemented at least 3-4 times a month. This way it will not be overwhelming, yet still, leave a good look in everyone's eyes enough to remember the ad itself and come to use first for their next events.

Facebook Advertising on average $0.27 per click. Having an average amount of ads per targeting option should hopefully generate enough clicks to event schedule to have enough profit income of our business.

No comments:

Post a Comment