Monday, May 20, 2019

Week 11 Email marketing

To start this off I wanted to preface that before I read this document I wasn't an avid supporter of email marketing. Mainly because for me at least whenever I see a marketing email I most likely will delete it. There are very few times and specific companies that I will almost always open and read. When reading this I found that the reason I read certain emails is that they use different strategies, unlike other marketing emails that I get. The no call to action aka not trying to convince me to spend money tend to be the emails that I read the most. When the article said, " It’s also much more expensive to find new customers than it is to retain the ones you have, so email marketing helps you increase revenue with those who have already proven they are interested." I understood the big reasons I don't immediately delete or unsubscribe from companies such as; Off-road Ware House, Ocotillo Wells reserve foundation, Vans, and a few other companies. I wanted to be on the email, they don't only send emails out to get their customers to buy, they send emails to update customers on their products or services they are selling with a colorful layout full or interesting pictures, etc with their customers in mind of how to get each one to feel a personal approach.
Expanding emails such as word of mouth is very effective. One thing I've learned working retail over the years is that a bad experience will on average be told to ten other people, and a good experience will only be told to one person. Aka almost everyone will tell multiple people about a bad experience. when you give a good feeling out to a customer they will tell one other person, this one person will feel the urge to go use that business/ spend money then spread the word of how much they also enjoy. This is a very effective strategy when done correctly.
For my business as an event planner, as a newsletter email, I would focus on sending out emails about other events with pieces of information so that my customers have an option to join or be apart of an event. Also, a major one would be updated, filling our customers in on changes and about of the company as the years go on. The moment someone signs up for the mailing list they would receive an almost "welcome to the family" email with an about section of the company. Ending each email would include a slogan they would remember when looking for event planning companies that give a personal yet professional outlook on us.
Content I would think my customers would enjoy would be as I said above about other events, previous and future events including pricing packages and pictures to attract the customer's eyes. From there it would be promotional and update emails. At most these would be spaced out to be about once a week so their inbox isn't flooded and they are not overwhelmed which I find is another reason tend to unsubscribe. I want to focus on the personal feel of the company that we are here to serve them the best we can and not to scam them into spending money.


No comments:

Post a Comment